An Old Testament believer wrote in Psalm 95: “Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand” (Psalm 95:6-7).
Worship is time spent with the one True God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We worship God by honoring Him and praising Him with our lives (Romans 12:1ff) and in our words and songs (Psalm 66:4). Worship is going to God in heart-to-heart conversations through our prayers (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Worship is humbly listening to God speak to us through His Word and through that Word He blesses us with growing in knowledge and being strengthened in faith (2 Timothy 3:15).
When like-minded Christians gather together for worship God gives added blessings through the mutual encouragement we offer and receive together in Christ (Colossians 3:15-17).
We worship our Lord as a congregation in the following ways:
Worship services of praise and hearing the Word:
Each Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m.--a children’s message is also included.
Special worship services on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and Good Friday.
Wednesday evening worship services during Advent and Lent.
There is a time for “coffee fellowship” following each Sunday service. Other opportunities for Christian fellowship also take place throughout the year.
Study in the Word
Children’s Sunday School: Following the worship service on Sundays (September - May), children who are preschool age and older gather in age appropriate classes for study in God’s Word.
Bible Study: Youth and adults gather to share in study of God’s Word and mutual encouragement through that study in a weekly Bible Study which takes place on Sundays following the worship service and fellowship time (10:15 a.m.).
Check out our online streaming worship at 9AM on Sundays and worship archives here!
2017 Gethsemane Calendar
- January 15: Annual Voter’s Meeting
- March 1: Ash Wednesday – midweek Lenten services begin
- March 13: Immanuel Lutheran College Tour Choir Concert
- April 8: Easter Bible School (?)
- April 9: Palm Sunday
- April 14: Good Friday
- April 16: Easter
- April 23: Confirmand Confession and Examination Service
- April 30: Confirmation
- June 13-15: CLC Pastoral Conference, Eau Claire, WI
- July 24-28: NW Youth Camp (Banff National Park)
- July 31-August 4: Vacation Bible School
- August 6: Congregation Picnic
- October: Inland NW Joint Reformation Service
- November 22: Thanksgiving Eve
- December: Potential One-Day Christmas Bible School
- December: Potential German Christmas Service
- December 3: First Sunday of Advent
- December 6: First Midweek Advent Service
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas Day
- December 31: New Year’s Eve